Sunday, February 9, 2014

The No-Mistake Zone

   In the summer of 2012, a church in Spain asked an elderly woman (who was a painter) to restore a one-of-a-kind 19th century painting done by Elias Garcia Martinez. The story went viral because of the end result. (Read the whole story here) Look for yourself:

                                     ^ http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/08/elderly-woman-ruins-19th-century-fresco-in-restoration-attempt/
 If you noticed, the painting was originally of Jesus Christ. I honestly couldn't help but laugh when I saw this "restoration". I'm not 100% sure if the 3 or 4 year olds I used to work with could have hacked this and "fixed" it for the church.
   A lot of famous painters and artists messed up. Some of them became so angry with themselves that they would throw out the pieces of artwork all together. I'm sure they had a lot of practice paintings and sketches before they would actually finalize their art. The point is that the top, world-renown artists would mess up before creating their masterpiece. It's just life! We make mistakes before we can perfect something, right?
   As I was reading through the Psalms (again) I was reading about how God knitted us together in the womb! He didn't mess us up. It wasn't like He did a practice sketch of us and threw us in our mother's womb and looked back and thought He could do better. He made us the exact way that He wanted to! How amazing is that? The God of this universe took time to put me (a sinful, selfish human being) just the way that He wanted me to be. Jeremiah 1:5 says:

    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

   I could read this verse over and over again and never get tired of it. Look at what I put in bold. He formed me. He knew me. He set me apart. He appointed me. That blows my mind!! Not only did He do all of those things, He did it while I was a little blob in my mom's stomach. He loves me THAT much that He cares so intricately about me that He knitted me (Psalm 139:13) and formed me (Jeremiah 1:5). He wasn't the elderly woman who butchered the painting. He took His time and put me together piece by piece. He gave me my parent's blue eyes. He gave me my grandfather's one dimple. He gave me my mom's fingers. He gave me blonde hair that gets lighter in the summer. He gave me my dad's tan complexion. He made me the shortest child out of my family (5"7, that is). He gave me so much more than this. He wanted all of these to be specific to me and me alone. 

 God cares so much about His people that He took His time making a masterpiece of His own. He didn't mess us up, or practice before making the final art. He knew exactly how He wanted us to be. The Alpha and Omega took His precious time thinking about me-before I was born? My mind will never grasp that love. He did the same for you. Think of the qualities that are unique to you and think of all God has made you to be. He loves you more than you will ever know.

Remember that you are NOT a mistake; you are beautifully and wonderfully made. You are an amazing creation from the Lord.

In His forever & always,
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment